Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Working with Paper Cinema on their new show 'West' for Mayfest...

This May 20th-25th I'm really excited to be joining Paper Cinema to write music for their new show 'West' -
it's part of Mayfest 2013, and will be created in a week-long residency at Bristol's Diving School behind the S.S. Great Britain, with two performances on Saturday the 25th at 5 and 6.30pm. (tickets here...)


The show is about contemporary Bristol and I'm keen to collaborate on visual themes and music which reflect Bristol's maritime community. I'm very excited to be working with everyone involved but especially Christopher Reed (aka Chris Littleboat) and Hazel Mills who I'll be creating and playing music with.
To read more about the show, have a look at the Mayfest page here...


The Bristol Ferries who I work for are going to give discounted single journeys to anyone who wants to travel to the performance by boat - more details coming soon.
There will also be opportunities within the residency for the people of Bristol to contribute...

In the meantime, here's an old song written by me and Rachael Dadd about life on Bristol's waterways...





No comments:

Post a Comment